- Policy 36 — Procurement, in effect until May 7, 2023, establishes the principles that apply when you make purchases for the University or deal with current or potential vendors. It governs all University procurement and defines roles, responsibilities and approval thresholds applicable to the purchase of goods or services. It enables the University to comply with obligations set out under procurement law and trade agreements and by granting agencies and research sponsors. It should be applied in conjunction with Procedure 4-3 — Procurement Standards, which covers more operational topics. Together, the policy and the procedure guide you in getting the best value for your purchase while complying with government and University requirements.
- Copy of the revised Policy 36 – Procurement (PDF), in effect on May 8, 2023. With the arrival of Workday, Procurement Services will be adopting more modern ways of working, so we have used this opportunity to tackle more foundational changes. In the first week of May 2023, a revised Policy 36 – Procurement, which has already been approved by the Board of Governors, will go into effect. In the meantime, the Procurement Services team will work with units to implement these changes, and everyone will have time to review the revised policy and participate in training. For more information see Policy 36 – A sneak peek at the revised policy.
- Policy 65 – Use or Disposal of Surplus or Unused Furniture and Equipment sets out the guidelines for the efficient and economical use of University furniture and equipment.
- Policy 75 – Purchasing cards (PCards) sets out the terms, conditions and guidelines that govern the use of PCards for the low-value payment of goods and services that can be applied to decentralized purchases, which are needed for the efficient operations of the University. The mechanisms for implementing these terms, conditions and guidelines appear in the Purchasing Card Manual, which is an integral part of this policy.
- Standard Purchase Order Terms and Conditions (PDF)