Procurement of services
All procurement of services must follow the appropriate procurement process by following the decision tree. From the tree’s conclusion, we ask you to follow the appropriate process.
- Generic Contract Template: A contract template is available to ensure compliance with applicable laws, Universities’ policies and procedures.
- Generic Amendment Template: A contract template is available to ensure compliance with applicable laws, Universities’ policies and procedures.
- Essential Contract clauses: This checklist has all the Essential contract clauses for all Services contracts for the University. Use as a reference tool to ensure that all the University's policies and applicable laws are respected.
Before hiring services from an individual, you must determine the employment status: Employee or Self-employed. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provides a guide to understand how to determine employment status (RC 4110-Employee or Self-employed individual?). Procurement of Services, with Human Resources and Payroll, compile a chart grouping all CRA’s guide items of the Chart-Employee or Self-employed individual.
- Decision Tree: questions to be asked to determine contract type (research, consultant, service provider)
- Service contracts process - New request: the steps to follow for the elaboration of a service contract
- Service contract process for an amendment, an extension or a change-order