Procurement of services
All procurement of services must follow the appropriate procurement process by following the decision tree. From the tree’s conclusion, we ask you to follow the appropriate process.
The Fast WebRequisitioning is a web management tool that is integrated into the financial system of the University of Ottawa. It is from this application that you request the verification and approval of your webreq for services.Consult the manual on procurement of services for procedures.
The purchase order (P.O.) will be sent to the supplier and to the Faculty or Service. Upon receipt of the P.O., the supplier will be able to provide service:
To log in:
- Click on the FAST link.
- Enter your Banner username or the one that starts with a capital E, followed by your employee number without the lead "1" and zeros, ex. E10568 = 100010568.
- Enter your Banner password or InfoWeb password, in capitals, depending on the option chosen above.
For assistance with login, please contact Information Technology’s Service Desk by completing a Service Desk Request or by telephone at extension 6555.
If you do not have access to Fast WebRequisitioning, please contact the decentralized buyer from your service or faculty.
- Generic Contract Template: A contract template is available to ensure compliance with applicable laws, Universities’ policies and procedures.
- Generic Amendment Template: A contract template is available to ensure compliance with applicable laws, Universities’ policies and procedures.
- Essential Contract clauses: This checklist has all the Essential contract clauses for all Services contracts for the University. Use as a reference tool to ensure that all the University's policies and applicable laws are respected.
Before hiring services from an individual, you must determine the employment status: Employee or Self-employed. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) provides a guide to understand how to determine employment status (RC 4110-Employee or Self-employed individual?). Procurement of Services, with Human Resources and Payroll, compile a chart grouping all CRA’s guide items of the Chart-Employee or Self-employed individual.
- Decision Tree: questions to be asked to determine contract type (research, consultant, service provider)
- Service contracts process - New request: the steps to follow for the elaboration of a service contract
- Service contract process for an amendment, an extension or a change-order